Restaurants with a View of the NYC Skyline
If you're like me, I love dining with a view. There is nothing better than an ambiance of a any type of view - whether it is your very city skyline or a fabulous beach - there is nothing more relaxing (and romantic!). The New York City skyline is known around the world and it is certainly beautiful - the only issue is that you can only view it when you're not in Manhattan. The Hudson and East Rivers separate the island of Manhattan from Staten Island, Queens, Brooklyn, the Bronx, New York State, and New Jersey, where all of these spots are located. Don't worry - you can get to almost all of them by public transportation - you have your choice of a train or boat! Read on for the top restaurants with a view of the NYC skyline!
Top Restaurants with a View of the NYC Skyline
- Pier 115 - I started with the most casual restaurant on the list (don't let that fool you tho!). Pier 115 categorizes itself as a "gastro-pub", but I feel that it is more modern than they lead on. They have a minimal amount of outdoor seating, but on certain days they open up the bar area and then there is ample outdoor seating. I have dined here wearing both shorts as well as a maxi skirt - so don't be afraid to dress up a little to head to this gastro-pub. When you head to this restaurant in Edgewater, NJ be sure to bring your appetite.
- Waterside Restaurant & Catering - Located in North Bergen, NJ - this is not just a restaurant, but also a catering hall. I have been to my fair share of weddings here and they sure do know how to put on a show! What I love about this restaurant is that when the weather isn't super nice, they can open the back doors to give it the open air vibe and you can sit at the bar and still have a perfect view of the skyline!
- Maiella - This is the only restaurant on the list that is located in another borough in NYC, you can find it in Long Island City, Queens. Dining outside at Maiella, you will be just feet away from the water (it is separated by a fence, but that shows how close you are)! What makes this view different than any other view on this list is that you also have an up close and personal view of the iconic Pepsi-Cola sign! Oh - and their Italian food is absolutely amazing!
- Son Cubano - This Cuban hot spot is located in West New York, NJ. If you aren't a huge fan of Cuban food, don't feel intimidated, I am an extremely picky eater and I always find something delicious to eat here. If you're looking for something to do after dinner, I recommend eating here and then staying for the music & dancing!
- Haven Riverfront Restaurant & Bar - This spot in Edgewater, NJ is known for their fabulous brunch. The restaurant is very modern (which I absolutely love!) and they have an outdoor patio that is so quiet, you will never know you are dining al fresco.
- Chart House - This steakhouse located in Weehawken, NJ has a to die for view of the NYC skyline - from both inside and outside the restaurant! Although it is a steakhouse, there are many options on the menu for those of you who don't eat steak.
- Half Moon - Located in Dobbs Ferry, NY, this is a hidden gem. The view is like no other - you have a view of the Manhattan skyline on one side and a view of the mountains on the other side. As an added bonus, they have live music every Sunday during the summer!
Where is your fav place to dine with a view? Or are you looking for restaurants within NYC? We have a few options!