Things to do During Summer 2016 in NYC
As the warmer weather is just starting to creep into the northeast, I am becoming more and more excited to spend as much time as I can outside. This is by far my favorite time of year and I simply cannot contain my excitement over everything there is to do! The warmer months are certainly something I wish I could enjoy all year round and with that being said I am already looking to see what fun things NYC has in store this year. I absolutely love any rose themed event - you may or may not have heard: rose is water for the summer! Read on for my top things to do in NYC this summer!
Top Things to do During Summer 2016 in NYC
- Beyoncé: The Formation World Tour - Beyoncé is coming to NYC this summer and I couldn't be more excited! Her Formation World Tour is stopping in Queen's Citi Field for two nights: June 7th and 8th. Tickets are currently sold out, but be sure to keep checking the resale tickets and if you're lucky, she may even add another day!
- La Nuit en Rosé New York Summer Edition - Rosé is certainly my preferred summer drink, so there is nothing better than yachting around while sipping some rosé and dancing as the sun goes down. You will board the Hornblower Infinity Yacht for three hours of rosé, hors d'oeuvres, and dancing. This cruise runs from June 9th through June 11th - be sure to secure your tickets now, as there aren't many left!!!
- Shakespeare in the Park - Wind down on a summer night at The Delacorte Theater in Central Park - there are two shows this summer with multiple dates - plan to see either The Taming of the Shrew or Troilus and Cressida. The tickets are free so there are no excuses!
- Pinknic - This isn't just any music festival - this is a festival dedicated to rosé wine. Be sure to get in on the fun, this is the first time that the festival is coming to NYC! Head to Governor's Island on either July 9th or July 10th for a day filled with music, rosé, and picnic eats! Be sure to adhere to dress code rules - it is recommended that you wear your best in pink & white - no need to worry about grass stains, there will be rosé-hued designer blankets available to sit on while you sip your Château d'Esclans or Chandon rosé!
- Madison Square Park - On a hot, summer day I love heading to Madison Square Park. Since this park only spans 3 blocks, it is much more manageable than Central Park. It is also located in a super trendy area with great shops and restaurants so you can spend a few hours at the park and then enjoy everything that the Flatiron District has to offer! Depending on when you head to Madison Square Park, you can enjoy concerts, food festivals, and art installations.
- Broadway in Bryant Park - Radio station 106.7 hosts an hour of the best on and off Broadway musicals every Thursday from July 7 through August 11. It is free, so if you are in the area and don't have time to go see a Broadway play, be sure to pick a date to head over to the park! P.S.: If you want to see a Broadway play in its' entirety, be sure to check out my favs here!
I'm not sure what is on your list, but I know that Pinknic is top on mine! What are you up to this summer? If you're looking for restaurants to add to the list, we have a few recommendations!